We are proud to align our work with the UN’s Global Goals. These 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), agreed upon in 2015 by world leaders, aim to create a better, fairer, world by 2030 – ending poverty, urgently addressing climate change and ending inequality.
“The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice. The 17 Goals are all interconnected, and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve them all by 2030”.
The 17 Global Goals
1. No Poverty: Access to basic human needs of health, education, sanitation
2. Zero Hunger: Providing food and humanitarian relief, establishing sustainable food production
3. Good Health and Wellbeing: Better, more accessible health systems to increase life-expectancy
4. Quality Education: Inclusive education to enable upward social mobility and end poverty
5. Gender Equality: Education regardless of gender, advancement of equality laws, fairer representation of women
6. Clean Water and Sanitation: Improving access for billions of people who lack these basic facilities
7. Affordable and Clean Energy: Access to renewable, safe and widely available energy sources for all
8. Decent Work and Economic Growth: Creating jobs for all to improve living standards, providing sustainable economic growth
9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure: Generating employment and income through innovation
10. Reduced Inequalities: Reducing income and other inequalities, within and between countries
11. Sustainable Cities and Communities: Making cities safe, inclusive, resilient and sustainable
12. Responsible Consumption and Production: Reversing current consumption trends and promoting a more sustainable future
13. Climate Action: Regulating and reducing emissions and promoting renewable energy
14. Life Below Water: Conservation, promoting marine diversity and regulating fishing practices
15. Life on Land: Reversing man-made deforestation and desertification to sustain all life on earth
16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions: Inclusive societies, strong institutions and equal access to justice
17. Partnerships for the Goals: Revitalize strong global partnerships for sustainable development
Africa at Heart work contributes to achieving a number of these life-changing SDGs.